Monday, May 21, 2007

The Shack


I have been reading this new book recently... The Shack. I am not finished with it yet (I am up to chapter 14), but I am zooming through it!

This is a great book. It tells the (fictional) story of a man whose young daughter is kidnapped and assumed murdered, and how he deals with his anger and pain... and how he is invited, years later, to the "scene of the crime" by God (as crazy as that sounds to himself) and the resulting conversations he has, show him how God loves him in the midst of his pain and rough life. It brings a lot of insight into the questions like "if God is good why doesn't he stop bad things from happening.. and where is God in the hardest times of my life?

It is a GREAT book... a must read and worth the mere $14 they charge for it. A great pondering book and a great conversation starter too.

When I finish the book I will try to write a more in-depth review of it without giving away the plot!

but for now... go check out the website about the book. I would love to hear from others that have read it too. If you love C.S. Lewis' style of conversations between characters as they learn about God... you will love this book!

http://theshackbook.com

No comments: